Interesting Country Facts
- Spanning an area of 17,098,242 sq. km., Russia is the largest country in the world.
- Located entirely within Italy and covering an area of 100 acres, Vatican City is the smallest country in the world.
- France has the largest number of time zones. Including overseas territories, the country has 12 time zones.
- When it comes to lakes, Canada is unbeatable. It has more lakes than any other country.
- Mongolia is the least densely populated country in the world with just 1.9 people per sq. km.
- Saudi Arabia is the largest country in the world without a river.
- Nauru, an island country in Micronesia, does not have an official capital. /li>
- More than 80 per cent of land in Maldives is less than 1.6 meters above sea level. The country is slowly disappearing. It has been estimated that if the sea level rises by 1 meter, the Maldives could be almost completely flooded by 2085.
- Russia produces more oxygen than any other country due to the fact that Siberia is home to approximately 25% of the world’s forests.
- There are a whopping 820 languages spoken in Papua New Guinea. English is the official language of the country but hardly 1 to 2 per cent people speak it.
List of Countries and their Capitals of the World in PDF and XLS formats.