- The Vatican City is Europe's smallest country by area and population.
- Germany is Europe's largest country by population. Know about the Top 10 largest countries in Europe by population.
- Mt. Elbrus (5,642 meters) in Russia is the highest point in Europe.
- The Caspian Sea bordering Russia is the lowest point in Europe.
- Out of the top 10 largest lakes in Europe, six are in Russia. The biggest is Lake Ladoga. Russia also home to the deepest lake in the world - Lake Baikal.
- Europe's largest and longest river is the Volga that runs through central Russia.
- The Kimmel Falls in Austria are the tallest in Europe.
- Gouffre Mirolda in France is considered the deepest cave in Europe.
- Vatnajokull glacier in Iceland is one of the biggest glaciers in the world.
Continent name: Europe
Story behind the name: It is widely believed that Europe is named after “Europa”, the Phoenician princess from Greek mythology.
Area: Europe has a land area of 10,181,000 square kilometers or 3,837,000 square miles.
Population: Upwards of 731,000,000, according to 2009 estimates.
Center of Europe: The location of the geographical center of Europe is widely contested, with over 10 cities/villages vying for this honor. Each claimant is right, as far as their methodology of marking the hypothetical