There are many ethnic groups, cultures, environments, historical ties, and government systems in the continent of Asia. Asia is also the historical birthplace of all major religions of the world.
Among the man-made landmarks of Asia are the Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal, the Leshan Giant Buddha, Fatehpur Sikri, Tokyo Tower, the Golden Gateway of Bhaktapur, Great Seto Bridge, Tian Tan Buddha, Petronas Twin Towers, Patuxai Monument, The Lying Buddha, and Maha Muni Buddha.
More Asia Maps
Major Countries in Asia
Facts about Asia
- The total surface area of Asia is more than that of the moon.
- Around 60 percent of the world's population resides in Asia.
- India's population is more than the combined population of North, Central, and South America.
- China is has the largest population in the world, exceeding 1.3 billion.
- Asia is home to the world's oldest human civilization and the greatest man-made structure, the Great Wall of China.
- Though the Middle East is known as the land of Islam, a greater number of Muslims reside in South Asia.
Last Updated on : February 18, 2013
- Asian Countries by Birth Rate
- Asian Countries by Death Rate
- Asian countries by Human Development Index
- Asian Countries by Urban Population
- Asian Countries by Literacy Rate
- Coastal Countries of Asia
- Landlocked Countries of Asia
- Asian Countries by Sex Ratio
- Asian Countries with Lowest Urban Population
- Asian Countries with Highest Birth Rate
- Asian Countries with Lowest Birth Rate