US Embassies on alert for 9/11
September 12 , 2013
The US is trying to not let the anniversary of Sept. 11 see any related tragedies. It has increased security citing the attack in Benghazi last year on the same day.
The administration has made sure to step up security at American facilities all round the world and has made Lisa Monaco, top counterterror aide in charge of reviewing operations.
The White House said the president is trying to ensure the protection of all American people in the country as well as abroad by preventing 9/11-related attacks."
"We remain committed to bringing the perpetrators of the Benghazi attacks to justice and to ensuring the safety of our brave personnel serving overseas," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said.