Five most disaster-prone cities in the world
April 7 , 2014
The Guardian put together five of the most risky cities to live, after an earthquake struck Chile. Here's the list:
1. Tokyo, Japan: Earthquakes and tsunamis are a big concern here.
2. Manila, Philippines: The region constantly battles with high speed storms and winds.
3. Hong Kong, China: Hong Kong is risky in terms of river floods, cyclone damages and storms.
4. Osaka-Kobe, Japan: Thousands die due to earthquakes here.
5. Jakarta, Indonesia: Jakarta is prone to river flooding since it's below sea level.