David Beckham to begin talks with AS Monaco
November 30 , 2012
LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham is to begin talks with French club AS Monaco, with negotiations expected to take place after Saturday's MLS Cup final.
Speculation has been rife over the 37-year-old’s future after he leaves Galaxy following the final against Houston Dynamo.
Clubs from across the globe have been linked with a move for the former England international.
Beckham denied there had been any contact with the club when asked about it on Thursday.
"I heard about Monaco on the way to training this morning from a friend in London who said 'I hear you are going to Monaco'. That was the first I'd heard of that," said Beckham.
"I've got some interesting and exciting options on the table. I am very flattered by some of the options that I've got. I still feel I can play and I'm not considering retiring."
Despite Beckham's claims, Monaco chief executive Tor-Kristian Karlsen has suggested that early talks with the player's agents have already begun.
Former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri is currently in charge at the club and has guided the side to the top of the French second division after 15 matches of the season.
Last week, Beckham said he planned to make a final decision on his future by the end of the year.