Hobbit films will be a trilogy, confirms Peter Jackson
July 31 , 2012
The Hobbit films will be extended to a trilogy, director Peter Jackson has confirmed.
In a post on his Facebook account, Jackson said: "It has been an unexpected journey indeed, and in the words of Professor Tolkien himself, 'A tale that grew in the telling'."
The first instalment is due to be released on December 14 and the follow-up on December 13, 2013.
Rumors of a third film surfaced last week after Jackson told the Comic-Con fan convention that he wanted to shoot extra footage beyond the two films originally planned.