Know about Things to do in Los Angeles
The very name Los Angeles or L.A as it is famously abbreviated, unconsciously makes us go ‘wow!’ This land of Hollywood has been enthralling visitors with its everlasting glory. The sprawling sea beaches, the innumerable amusement parks, the awe-inspiring museums and observatory center, the incredible shopping destinations knits the city into a pulsating land, always buzzing with activities and always bustling with visitors from various parts of the world.
Los Angeles is a metropolis perched in the beautiful natural surroundings of Southern California in the United States. Over the years the city has zoomed into an important hub of fashion, technology, entertainment, media, culture, business etc. It is a city that comes loaded with countless tourist hotspots and thus, a city, which promises to keep you entertained for days end. It never ceases to surprise even the frequent travelers. With zillions of attractive things that Los Angeles has to offer to the ardent travelers, choosing the best can often turn out to be mystifying, let alone a time consuming task. Below is a highlight of the top things you can do to make your ‘Los Angeles days’ unforgettable.
Griffith observatoryImage Source - Matthew Field
1) Get an up-close panorama of LA from Griffith Observatory : Nestled on the southern slopes of Mt. Hollywood in LA, the Griffith Observatory boasts of a planetarium with advanced star projector, bookstore, café, and world-class telescopes. Above all it hosts interesting exhibitions and offers a breathtaking view of the Los Angeles basin on a clear day. Watching the sun set amidst the sweeping and spectacular views of LA will surely instill in you a deep sense of bliss.
Disneyland, Los AngelesImage Source
2) Go back to your childhood days at Disneyland: One can never be too old for Disneyland. It is a place where you will see the old and young alike. A visit to Disneyland will transport you to a magical wonderland, a completely different world away from the mundane city life. Get introduced to your favorite cartoon characters, go back in time as you see the vintage architecture and cars, get thrilled as you ride and spin the numerous roller coasters, shop till you drop, gorge lip-licking foods from the innumerable restaurants and photographed yourself with the colorful characters from the world of Disney.
Getty CenterImage Source
3) Introduce yourself to Getty Center, an architectural splendor of US: If you are a lover of architectural grandeur, then Getty Center is a must visit place for you. Spread over acres of land the Getty Center, comprises of a circular structure that houses some of the finest artwork from various ages and places. You will come across 20th century American photography, Renaissance paintings, Baroque sculptures, Byzantine manuscripts and numerous other intricate works of art. The stunning sight from the center comes as a great stress reliever.
4) Walk the Hollywood Walk of Fame: It is undoubtedly LA’s most iconic tourist destinations, a place where stars have been immortalized. If you are a Hollywood freak you will surely love this place. You can feel the essence of numerous Hollywood stars who have left their marks and signature on the pavements. There is an aura of festivity all around the place with visitors cramming in to take photos of their favorite stars, starred on the sidewalks.
5) Explore Universal Studio: Your visit to Los Angeles will be incomplete without a visit to the famous Universal Studios Hollywood. Always bustling with tourists, one should take plenty of time in one’s hand to explore this place. Apart from touring the studio set, you can enjoy various themed rides that have been based on scenes and characters of famous films. For example; there is a Transformer ride, based on the movie Transformers. Experience the mysterious world of Jurassic Park as you ride through its creepy setup.
6) Refresh yourself at Santa Monica Pier and Beach: Los Angeles is blessed with some of the most exotic sea beaches of which Santa Monica beach tops the list. Apart from the captivating beauty, which it portrays, the beach boasts of restaurants and nightlife spots in galore. Of course, one cannot ignore the famous pier and street shows and other thrill rides around the beach.
Art of MuseumImage Source
7) Stroll through the impressive work of art at Los Angeles County Museum of Art: Get yourself acquainted with art and artifacts of Islamic, European and the contemporary world. Various exhibitions are held all through the year that showcases several works of art. The picturesque garden enhances the beauty of the place.
Walt Disney Concert HallImage Source
8) Watch Los Angeles Philharmonic perform at Walt Disney Concert Hall: While the architectural grandeur of the concert hall is indeed a treat to the eye, the performance of the Los Angeles Philharmonic is sure to leave you more enthralled.
Farmers Market and ShopImage Author - Geographer at English Wikipedia
9) Treat yourself with mouth-watering dishes at the Farmers Market and Shop at the Grove: Savor mouth-watering ready-made food at the Farmers market, a place that is always abuzz with foodie tourists and other activities. Make sure to hop at the Grove that lies just adjacent to the Farmers Market. A shopper paradise, the Grove has all your favorite shopping stores where you can indulge in an endless shopping spree.
10) Shop like a star at Rodeo Drive : It is a place exclusively for the wealthy shoppers and a stroll through the pricey shops, designer stores and boutiques is sure to make you feel like a fashion icon. If you are lucky enough you are sure to spot a celebrity or two. Though the designer wears come in exorbitant rates, it’s free to marvel at them through the windows of the shop.
The above listed are some of the top attraction in LA however,the following five also has its own charm and beauty. So if you have ample time in hand during your stay at LA, you can hop at these places as well - Malibu Coast, Sunset Boulevard, Six Flags, Venice Beach, Hollywood Bowl.