Florida Zip Codes Map
with Counties and Cities
About Counties in Florida
Florida county map
shows that there are 67 counties
in the state. Initially, these counties were subdivisions of the state government, but gradually their power increased and they developed on their own.
These counties can be divided into Central, Northeast, Southeast and Southwest. Refer to the county map of Florida
, to find which counties are located in which area. The county seats and major cities in all counties are also shown in the map.
Florida counties are :
- With an area of 969.12 square miles the county has 7 cities, 2 towns and 13 unincorporated areas. The famous University of Florida is located in this county and much of its economy is centered on this university. See the Florida county map
to find the places surrounding this county.
- Covering an area of 1,556.95 square miles, this county is located across the length of the Atlantic Ocean coast. The county seat is in Titusville, though most of the county's administration is operated from Viera. There are 10 cities and 6 towns in Brevard County
- With the county seat in Punta Gorda, it is the only county in Florida in the Punta Gorda Metropolitan Statistical Area. There is 1 incorporated area, 1 city and 15 unincorporated areas in the county. Island Bay National Wildlife Refuge is the national protected area located in this county.
- Covering an area of 863.66 square miles, Dixie has 2 cities and 9 incorporated areas. The county seat is at Cross City and some of the attractions in the county are - Old Town Methodist Church and City Of Hawkinsville.
- Florida's westernmost county is spread over an area of 875.57 square miles; the county seat is Pensacola. There are 2 incorporated and 18 unincorporated areas.
- Spread over an area of 534 square miles, it is a coastal county in Florida, as given in the county map of Florida. There are 2 incorporated areas, 5 unincorporated areas, 4 barrier islands and 2 historic sites in the county. Apalachicola National Forest and St. Vincent National Wildlife Refuge are the two national protected areas in the county.
- With a population of around 2,496,435, it is the most populous county in Florida. There are 35 incorporated and several unincorporated areas in the county. Interstate 75
, Interstate 95
and Florida Turnpike are some of the major roads passing through this county.
Last Updated on: January 23, 2017