Florida Turnpike is one of the busiest highways in the United States according to the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association - IBTTA. It is also the third most heavily traveled toll road in the country.
The entire stretch of the turnpike consists of 460 miles of well maintained highways, as can be seen in the Florida road map. To find out the interstate connectivity offered by the highway, see the Florida turnpike map.
Florida State Roads
Roads in the state which are maintained by Florida Department of Transportation are known as Florida state roads. A look at the Florida road map can give an idea about the route and location of these roads. Some of the state roads in Florida are :
State Road A1A
- This road runs parallel to the Atlantic Ocean. Parts of this road also pass from the Key West at the southern corner of Florida and to Callahan in South Georgia.
State Road 2 (2A)
- This road has two parts, a short one and a long part. The short one passes through Harmony in Walton County while the longer one runs from Walton-Holmes County line via Royals Crossroads to CR 185.
State Road 7
- It is the main north-south route which connects Persimmon Boulevard in The Acreage to the US 41/SR 90 in Miami's Little Havana.
Other Florida state highways that can be seen on the Florida road map are:
Florida Toll Road
- State Road 3
- State Road 4
- State Road 5 (5A)
- State Road 6
- State Road 293
- State Road 294
- State Road 295
- State Road 296
- State Road 297
- State Road 298
Florida has a total of approximately 657 miles of toll roads, overpass and walkways. Most of the toll roads in the state have state road names together with a specific toll shield. For specific names and road routes, see the road map of Florida.
Some of the major toll roads in Florida are -
- Florida Turnpike
- Airport Expressway
- Don Shula Expressway
- Sawgrass Expressway
- Goldenrod Road Extension
- Snapper Creek Expressway
- Martin Andersen Beachline Expressway
- Central Florida GreeneWay/Seminole Expressway/Southern Connector
First Coast Outer Beltway and Interstate 4/Crosstown Expressway Connector are two toll roads expected to come up in future.