Indiana (IN), the 19th state of the United States, is situated in the Midwestern region of the country. The state is famous for its sport teams and higher educational institutions. The state of IN covers a total area of 36,418 sq miles. The bordering states of Indiana are Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois. An Indiana Map can guide the visitors to every nook and corner of The Hoosier State. The capital and largest city of the state is Indianapolis.
Tourist attractions in Indiana
The state of IN houses the following popular tourist destinations:
- Bloomington - Famous for the Indiana University
- Indianapolis - Capital of the state
- Fort Wayne - The second biggest city
- Evansville - Famous for the University of Southern Indiana and University of Evansville
- West Lafayette - Known for the Purdue University
- Gary - A business settlement near Chicago
- South Bend - Famous for the University of Notre Dame
- Muncie - Renowned for the Ball State University
- Terre Haute - Houses the Indiana State University
Other famous tourist spots include Chain O' Lakes State Park, Brown County State Park, Hoosier National Forest, George Rogers Clark National Historical Park, John Mellencamp's Mansion, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Prophetstown State Park, Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, and Turkey Run State Park.
Hotels in Indiana
The Hoosier State houses a slew of hotels and an Indiana Map can help you find some of the following hotels:
- Holiday Inn Express
- Best Western Gas City
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie
- Fairfield Inn Muncie
- Super 8 Gas City Marion Area
- Comfort Inn & Suites
- Days Inn and Suites Marion
Indianapolis, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Bloomington, and South Bend are famous for housing a wide range of hotels.
Airlines in Indiana
Indianapolis International Airport is the main airport in the state. Other important airports include Fort Wayne International Airport, Evansville Regional Airport, and South Bend Regional Airport. Air Canada, American Airlines, AirTran Airways, Continental Airlines, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, US Airways, and United Airlines are the significant carriers in the state.
Economy of Indiana
The state has a diverse economy. The manufacturing industry makes a significant contribution to the economic growth of the state. Other drivers of economy include tourism, steel production, vehicles, mining, pharmaceuticals, electrical devices, chemical goods, petroleum, and rubber.