|Birmingham City Facts|
|Country||USA (United State of America)|
|Total Area||151.9 sq miles|
|Lat Long Coordinates||33.5206° N, 86.8025° W|
|Time Zone||CST (UTC−06:00)|
|Museums||Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, Southern Museum of Flight|
|Universities||University of alabama|
About Birmingham City
The city of Birmingham in Alabama is located in the heart of the southeastern region of the United States of America.
It is a municipal corporation established under the laws of the State of Alabama. Birmingham is in fact the largest city in the state and ranks 13th among the largest southeastern metropolitan areas.
Tourist attractions in Birmingham
tourist attractions of Birmingham are the City Stages, Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival, Alabama Theater, Southern Heritage Festival, Do Dah Day, The Schaeffer Eye Center Crawfish Boil, Alabama Bound, Birmingham Public Library.
Airports in Birmingham
The Birmingham International Airport acts as the major connection to the areas of Birmingham, Alabama and Central Alabama. Located in the downtown Birmingham in its northeastern direction, this airport is connected with 2 major highways, the I-20 and I-59. The Birmingham International Airport is the largest in Alabama and is also the busiest serving almost 3 million passengers in 2005. Beside the north-south runway lies the interesting Southern Museum of Flight.
Places to visit in Birmingham
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute : Although this city was built after the Civil War, yet this museum dedicated to this great event in American history captures the journey of Civil rights advocates.
- Rickwood Field Park : This splendid park captures the glory of the golden days of American baseball.
- McWane Center : The center is a multi-activity theme park which is capable of entertaining every age group. Science Quest, IMAX Dome Theater, High Cycle, World of Water, Just Mice Size are among its numerous interaction oriented activities.
- Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame : As is indicated by its name this hall of fame is dedicated to the various legendary jazz talents that have originated in the state of Alabama.
- Barber Motor Sports park
- Civil Rights District
- Southern Museum of Flight
- Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Pete's Famous Hot Dogs
- Alabama Ballet
Hotels in Birmingham
- Drury Inn Suites : Consisting of a total of 129 rooms in its 5 story structure the hotel gives its guest all kinds of comfort that is expected out of a 4 diamond hotel.
- Embassy Suites : A very up-scale hotel located in downtown Birmingham it is also most enviably located just at a few miles away from some of the major attractions in Birmingham.
- Hotel Highland at Five Points : The hotel boasts of a location in the heartland of the city in its entertainment area. Boasting of its historical past, the building is also grand belonging to a bygone era.
- Hampton Inn : Another of Birmingham's 4 diamond hotels located in downtown Birmingham, it was once the place where the Charles Lindbergh press conference was held.
Although there are a total of 15 school districts in Birmingham, some of the comparatively better ones in the metropolitan area deserves detailed mentioning. They are:-
- Birmingham City School District
- Shelby County School District
- Vestavia Hills City School District
- Alabama Youth Services
|Cities in Alabama|
|Huntsville Map||Birmingham City Map|
|Mobile City Map||Montgomery Map|
|Driving Directions From Birmingham to Other Citites|
Last Update On : July 20, 2015
Visitors with us
Contact us: email@example.com
Contact - Kartik Suri(+91- 9910492371 IST)
Contact - Bill Spicer (+1 408 637 0064 PST)