Quantcast
logo

UK Population Map

UK Population Map
Description : Map showing the distribution of population in UK. Disclaimer
×

Disclaimer  :  All efforts have been made to make this image accurate. However Compare Infobase Limited, its directors and employees do not own any responsibility for the correctness or authenticity of the same.




Demography of UK

UK PopulationThe total estimated population of UK for the year 2016 is about 65.64 million.

For the year 2016, the estimated birth rate is 7.86 births per 1,000, the lowest rate since 1992 and the death rate is 9.33 deaths per 1,000 members of the population, with an infant mortality rate of 4.5 deaths per 1,000 live births. The sex ratio is estimated to be 1.05 males for every female, and the growth rate of the population is estimated at 0.55%.

The distribution of population in the UK is uneven, with a majority of the population concentrated in England while the remaining three constituent parts - Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, are relatively sparsely populated. In England too, almost one-third of the population lives in the southeastern portion centered around London. The estimated population density for the country for the year 2016 is 650 persons per sq mi.

The estimated figures for the year 2013, for age structure in the UK show that 17.3% of the population consists of children between 0-14 years, 12.8% of the population is in the early working age between 15-24 years, 41.1% of the population is in the prime working age between 25-54 years, 11.5% of the population is in the mature working age between 55-64 years, and 17.3% of the population is in the elderly age of 65 years and over.

As per the 2010 census, 80% of the total population in the UK is classified as urban while the remaining 20% is classified as rural population.



Social Attributes
Social AttributesThe main religion in the UK is Christianity, comprising of Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, and Methodist sects, however the country also has Muslims, Hindus, and those following other religions. The official language of the UK is English. Other recognized regional languages of the country include Welsh, Scots, Scottish Gaelic, Irish, and Cornish. The UK is home to four nationalities: the English, the Welsh, the Scottish, and the Irish. While the ethnic groups living in the UK include Europeans, people of African and Caribbean origin, Indians, Pakistanis, and others.

Last Updated on: January 4th, 2018