Yunnan is a province of the People's Republic of China which is located in the southwestern corner of the country of China. The capital of this region is Kunming.
Yunnan province of the People's Republic of China covers an area of 394,000 square km. Yunnan shares
Yunnan has enough rainfall and many rivers and lakes. The rich water possessions offer plentiful hydro-energy. This region is drained by six major rivers. Namely:
Yunnan is attractive with its rich tourism assets, including beautiful landscape, and a pleasant climate. Tourist spots in Yunnan include:
- Dali: This is a historic center of the Nanzhao and Dali kingdoms.
- Jinghong: It is the capital of the Xishuangbanna Dai minority autonomous region.
- Lijiang: It is a Naxi minority city.
- Shangri-La County: It is an ethnic Tibetan township and county.
- The Stone Forest:
- Yuanyang: It is a Hani minority settlement.
- Pumi and many more.
- Hmong-Mien and many more.