Oregon (OR) is situated in the Pacific Northwest area of the U.S. It is the 9th biggest state in the country. Oregon encompasses a total area of 98,381 sq miles and is bordered by California, Washington, Idaho, and Nevada. An Oregon Map is the most appropriate means to get an idea about all the major places of interest in the state of OR such as important hotels, airports, railway stations, and tourist draws. The state is renowned for its theme parks, mountains, gorges, intense jungles, and craggy shorelines. The capital of Oregon is Salem and the largest city is Portland.
Tourist attractions in Oregon
The state of OR houses a slew of tourist attractions, which includes national parks, national monuments, historical sites, and recreational areas. An Oregon Map will help you trace all these and make your journey enjoyable. Some of the best tourist attractions in the state are given below:
Other well-known tourist destinations include the following:
- Ashland - Organizes the Shakespeare Festival held every year
- Cannon Beach
- Bend - It is a perennial tourist spot
- Eugene - The second city of the state and houses the University of Oregon
- Corvallis - Home to Oregon State University, Fall Festival, and the DaVinci Days
- Hood River
- Portland - It is the biggest city and cultural center
- Crater Lake National Park
- California National Historical Trail
- Mount Bachelor
- Lewis and Clark National Monument
- Painted Hills - A segment of John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- OR National Historical Trail
- Mount Hood
- Wallowa Lake.
- Willamette National Forest
- Silver Falls State Park
- Hotels in Oregon
The Beaver State is home to a wide array of hotels, starting from hip and trendy to luxury hotels. Some of the best hotels in Oregon are as follows:
- Hotel Lucia Portland
- The Allison Inn and Spa
- Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
- Best Western Plus Rama Inn
- Best Western Inn At The Meadows
- Courtyard Medford Airport
Portland, Bend, Ashland, Eugene, Salem, Newport, and Lincoln are the cities with the famous hotels.
Airlines in Oregon
Mahlon Sweet Field in Eugene, Portland International Airport in Portland, and Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport in Medford are the principal airports in the state. Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, and US Airways are some of the significant carriers.
Economy of Oregon
Many industries have developed in the state due to its strategic location. Cheap energy rates, abundant natural resources, and state-of-the-art transportation facilities have helped the state grow. Major industries include tourism, construction, logistics, real estate, and manufacturing.