About the State Alaska
According to the census data of year 2006, Alaska's population totals 670,053. The state's capital is Juneau, which is prominently marked on the map, as are other important cities, Anchorange and Fairbanks. Alaska is politically sub-divided into 16 Boroughs for administrative purposes.
The various areas of Alaska are well-connected with good roads, which are highlighted on the Alaska Map
. The northern and southern parts of Alaska are interconnected by State Roads 3, 4, 7, 9 and 11. State Roads 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, and 10 connect the eastern and western sides of the state. The Kebuk, Kuskokwim, Noatak, Yukon, Sustina, Tanana and Colville Rivers are the state's major streams.
- Alaska covers a total area of 591,006 square miles.
- The state's total land area is 570,835 square miles.
- The state's total inland water area is 20,171 square miles.
- Alaska has 8187 miles of total border.
- Alaska's total coastline is 6640 miles.
- The state's total tidal shoreline is 33,903 miles.
Last Updated on: March 20, 2017