Main attraction of Bamberg Germany :
- Bamberg Cathedrals made in 13 th century, is an medieval looked national asset of Germany, that is also included in the World Heritage.
- Bamberg Altes Rathaus or Old Town Hall (1386), was built in the middle of River Regnitz and opened from both sides of two bridges Klein-Venedig
- The adjacent colony of Klein-Venedig or "Little Venice" is composed of picturesque fishermen's houses.
- A magnificent marble tombed cathedral of Roman architecture with four imposing towers, founded in 1004 by the emperor Henry II.
- Neue Residenz or New Palace in English, is a 17 th century creation.
- Rosengarten (Rose Garden) with excellent views of the city, Bamberg.
- Castle Altenburg crowning the highest point of Bamberg.
- Churches of Jakobskirche, St Martinskirche; the Marienkirche or Obere Pfarrkirche the Michaelskirche, the Michaelsberg, the Burgerspital.
- Rathaus or City Hall
- Old Palace or Alte Hofhaltung
- Maximilian fountain of the 19 th century with statues of Maximilian I of Bavaria, emperor Henry II and his wife, Conrad III and St Otto and bishop of Bamberg.
Bamberg, the home of many breweries and vineyards, is a commercially rich land. The Klosterbräu brewery is famous for its smoked beer or Rauchbier. Other famous ones include, Schlenkerla "Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier", Brauerei Fässla, Brauerei Greifenklau, Brauerei Heller-Trum ("Schlenkerla"), Brauerei Kaiserdom, Keesmann Bräu, Klosterbräu, Mahrs Bräu, Maisel Bräu and Brauerei Spezial and a microbrewery of Ambräusianum.
Other City Maps
|More City Maps|
Last Updated : March 4, 2016