Top Viewed IA Maps
If you want to know vividly about the Hawkeye State, then an Iowa Map will work as an indispensable tool for you. The state of Iowa is popular for its blend of country and metropolitan lifestyle. The capital and largest city is Des Moines.
Tourist attractions in Iowa
The state of IA houses a range of tourist destinations, which include the following:
- Cedar Falls - It is closely located to Waterloo and houses the University of Northern Iowa
- Ames - It is famous for the Iowa State University and is located to the north of Des Moines
- Council Bluffs - It is a famous Western metropolitan area on the banks of the Missouri River
- Cedar Rapids - Second biggest city in the state
- Dubuque - The city is famous for its mountains and lies close to the Mississippi River
- Des Moines - Capital and largest city of the state. It is nicknamed as the "Insurance Capital of the United States".
- Quad Cities - Fifty percent of Bettendorf and Davenport is situated in Iowa, and the rest lies in Illinois.
- Iowa City - Famous for the University of Iowa. It is closely located to the Cedar Rapids.
- Sioux City - A famous city beside the Missouri River in the northwest.
Hotels in Iowa
The Hawkeye State houses a wide array of hotels and an Iowa Map helps in finding their exact locations in the state:
Airlines in Iowa
The Eastern Iowa Airport, Des Moines International Airport, Eppley Airfield (Nebraska), and Quad City International Airport (Illinois) are the major airports serving the state. AirTran Airways, Allegiant Air, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, United Express, and US Airways are the main carriers.
Economy of Iowa
Frequently referred to as the "Food Capital of the World", Iowa has an agriculture-oriented economy. Sectors like biotechnology, food processing, manufacturing, insurance and financial services, and federal jobs make a huge contribution to the economy of the state.