2) The capital of Iowa is Des Moines and it is the biggest city of the state.
4) The state of IA was admitted to the Union on December 28, 1846.
5) The state covers a total area of 56,272 square miles and it is the 26th biggest state in the United States.
6) Situated at an elevation of 1,670 feet, the Hawkeye Point is the tallest point in the state.
7) Iowa shares its boundaries with Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Nebraska, and South Dakota.
8) The official bird of the state is the Eastern Goldfinch.
9) The official tree is the Oak.
10) Le Mars is dubbed as the "Ice Cream Capital of the World".
11) The state is the only one, which has two vowels at the beginning of its name.
12) There are eight cities in the state, which start with the word Saint.
13) The official flower is the Wild Rose.
14) The official anthem is "Song of Iowa".
15) Some of the famous residents of the state are John Wayne, Herbert Hoover, Harriet Nelson, and Donna Reed.
16) The official motto is "Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain".
17) The state is famous for its manufacturing industry.
18) Iowa is affluent in natural resources like gypsum, gravel, coal, sand, and lead.
19) The tallest point of the state is the Hawkeye Point. The elevation is 1,670 feet.
20) The citizens of the state are called as Iowans.