Other Important Maps of Syria
- Obama said Syria used chemical weapons - (29 August, 2013)
- McCain blames Obama for chemical attack in Syria - (28 August, 2013)
- John Kerry accuses Assad of covering up attack - (27 August, 2013)
- Almost no doubt Assad regime used chemical weapons - (26 August, 2013)
- 355 dead in Syria - (25 August, 2013)
- Obama calls Syria attack 'big event' needing grave concern - (24 August, 2013)
- Deadliest chemical weapons possibly used in Syria - (23 August, 2013)
- Chemical attack in Syria - (22 August, 2013)
Syria is located in the Middle East, and is part of Southwestern Asia. Syria has coastline along the eastern Mediterranean Sea, just below Turkey.
The location of Syria has also been a factor in making Syria an important global nation, with its proximity to nations such as Israel and Iraq, which have held much prominence in world current events. In recent years, Syria became a refuge for many Afghans and Iraqis fleeing their war-torn countries.
The country of Syria is in the Asia continent and the latitude and longitude for the country are 34.8545° N, 37.0261° E.
The neighboring countries of Syria are:
- Northern Cyprus
|Facts About Syria|
|Area||185,180 km2 (71,479 sq mi) Water (%) 1.1|
|Population||17,951,639 (2014 est.)|
|Lat Long||33.5000° N, 36.3000° E|
|Time Zone||EET (UTC+2) Summer (DST) EEST (UTC+3)|
|Neighbour countries||Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan|
|Internet TLD||.sy, سوريا.|
|Currency||Syrian pound (SYP)|
Last Updated : November 17, 2015