- Central area comprises of Altstadt, Bergheim, and Weststadt.
- In the north: Neuenheim and Handschuhsheim.
- East composed of Ziegelhausen and Schlierbach.
- Southern part circumscribes Südstadt, Rohrbach, Emmertsgrund, and Boxberg
- The west is made of Bahnstadt, Pfaffengrund, and Wieblingen.
- And in the Southwest is lays the Kirchheim.
Some of the attractive places and spots for travelers and tourists while at Heidelberg Germany are:
Heidelberg Castle, a blend of gothic to renaissance style of architecture, was built by Prince Elector Ruprecht III in the 14 th century. The building is designed with the stone made ground floors and framework upper levels. The castle is encircled by a park which was once strolled by poet Johann von Goethe.
Ruprecht Building - The Fountain Hall is used for different kinds of festivals and occasions like dinner banquets, balls and theatre performances. In summer, the Heidelberg Castle Festival is held on the courtyards with an open air musicals, operas, theatre performances and classical concerts.
Heidelberger Bergbahn funicular railway is another notable feature of the city that runs from Heidelberg's Kornmakt to the summit of the Königstuhl.
Heidelberg University is one of the oldest institutions of Europe. The city Heidelberg is also the home for The European Molecular Biology Laboratory, European Molecular Biology Organization, The German Cancer Research Center, and several Max Planck Institutes - the Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy, the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics and the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law.
There are events all round the year like:
- "Ball Der Vampire" or the Ball of the Vampires is held in February
- "Heidelberger Frühling" Classic Music Festival is held in March/April
- Half marathon is held in the last weekend of April.
- Frühlingsmesse on the Messplatz is held in May
- Heidelberger Theater Days, "Enjoy Jazz", Stepdance-Festival and Workshops is in October/November.
- International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg also celebrated in November.
Heidelberg Germany earns global prominence through international relationships with Montpellier, France, Cambridge, United Kingdom, Rehovot, Israel, Simferopol, Ukraine, Bautzen, Saxony and Kumamoto, Japan.
Other City Maps
|More City Maps|
Last Updated : July 09 ,2015