Maps of World
Current, Credible, Consistent
World Map / Afghanistan / Afghanistan Cities Map

Afghanistan Cities Map

Afghanistan Cities Map Turkmenistan Cities Map Uzbekistan Cities Map Tajikistan Cities Map China Cities Map India Cities Map Pakistan Cities Map Iran Cities Map
Description : >Afghanistan Cities Map depicting Afghanistan major cities, towns, country capital and country boundary. Disclaimer

Afghanistan is a landlocked country in Central Asia covering an area of about 251,772 square miles.
The estimated population of the country is 29,835,392. Persian or Dari and Pashto are the official languages of Afghanistan. Other languages also spoken in the country are Uzbek, Turkmen, Balochi, Pashayi, and Nuristani.

Afghanistan is a Muslim state; over 99% of the population is Muslim. The remaining 1% of the population comprises Sikhs, Hindus, and Jews.

The cities map of Afghanistan shows the national capital, major cities, and the administrative divisions of the state. The map also clearly demarcates the provincial and international boundaries of the country. Afghanistan is bordered by Pakistan, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and China. Kabul, the capital city, is located in eastern Afghanistan and is an important economic and cultural center.

The major cities of Afghanistan are Kanadahar, Herat, Lashkar Gah, Baghlan, Ghurian, Jalalabad, Mazari Sharif, and Ghazni. Afghanistan is an Islamic republic and is currently led by the Karzai administration. Hamid Karzai is the current President of Afghanistan. Afghani, denoted by the code AFN, is the official currency of Afghanistan. It is issued by Da Afghanistan Bank. Major industries in the country are furniture, shoes, fertilizers, apparel, food-products, natural gas, coal, and copper. Pakistan, India, Russia, Germany, Tajikistan, and United States are the chief trading partners of Afghanistan. The country exports opium, fruits and nuts, wool, cotton, hides, precious and semi-precious stones, while the major imports include capital goods, food, textiles, and other consumer goods.

List of Major cities in Afghanistan

Name Population (latest est.)Area / Elevation
Kabul 3289000275 km2 (106 sq mi)
Kandahar 49150020,858 mi2
Herat 436300920 m (3,020 ft)
Mazar-i-Sharif 368100357 m (1,171 ft)
Kunduz 304600391 m (1,283 ft)
Taloqan 219000876 m (2,874 ft)
Jalalabad 206500575 m (1,886 ft)
Puli Khumri 203600635 m (2,083 ft)
Charikar 1712001,600 m (5,200 ft)
Sheberghan 161700250 m (820 ft)
Ghazni 1576002,219 m (7,280 ft)
Sar-e Pol 150700888 m (2,913 ft)
Khost 1337001,225 m (4,019 ft)
Chaghcharan 1318002,230 m (7,320 ft)
Mihtarlam 126000779 m (2,556 ft)
Farah 1084002,297 ft (650 m)
Pul-i-Alam 1027001,922 m (6,306 ft)
Samangan 100500959 m (3,146 ft)
Lashkar Gah 100200773 m (2,536 ft)

Target5.5 Million

Visitors with us

Advertise on

Contact us: +91 9871399011,

Looking for Expert Cartography / GIS Services?

Contact - Kartik Suri (+91- 9910492371 IST)

For all Mapping Needs and Business Queries

Contact - Bill Spicer (+1 408 637 0064 PST)