South Dakota State Capital
South Dakota State Capital is located at Pierre. It is the state Capital of South Dakota and has the offices of state officials. It was built between 1905 and 1910.
The ground outside the Capital building houses four memorials, including the Flaming Fountain Memorial, the Law Enforcement Officer Memorial, World War II memorial, and the Fighting Stallions Memorial.
Adams House Museum
Adams House Museum is located in Deadwood, South Dakota. Built by W.E. Adams, it was built in 1930, as a tribute to Black Hills pioneers. It was gifted to the city and is considered as one of the oldest history museum in Black Hill. It houses JB Haggin train, Thoen Stone, Potato Creek Johnny's gold nugget, along with the legends of Wild Bill, Calamity Jane, and Deadwood Dick. Built by Deadwood pioneers Harris and Anna Franklin, Adams House was built in 1892.
Mount Rushmore National Memorial
Mount Rushmore National Memorial is located near Keystone. It is sculpture carved into the granite face of Mount Rushmore. It has sculptures of former American presidents and was sculpted by Gutzon Borglum and his son Lincoln Borglum. It stretches 1,278.45 acres and is 1,745 meters above sea level. Construction of the sculptures began in 1927 and was completed between 1934 and 1939. It is managed by National Park Services.
Badlands National Park
|National Parks and Monuments||Wind Cave National Park, Badlands National Park, Mount Rushmore, Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail|
|State Parks||Newton Hills State Park, Bear Butte, Sica Hollow State Park, Custer State Park|
|Museums||1881 Courthouse Museum, Adams House Museum, Classic Wheels Museum, Journey Museum and Gardens|
|Historical Places||Mount Rushmore, Deadwood, South Dakota State Capital, Coughlin Campanile|
|Other Places||Minuteman Missile National Historic Site, Crazy Horse Memorial, Missouri National Recreation River
Badlands National Park is located in four southwest counties of South Dakota. The national park preserves eroded buttes, pinnacles, and spires blended with grass prairie. It is a site of reintroduction of the black-footed ferret and covers an area of 244,000-acres. It is managed by National Park Service. It was established on January 29, 1939 as a National Monument and was later re-designated as National Park on November 10, 1978.
Last Updated Date: September 1st, 2017
Travel Maps of different States of USA