Kaya is one of the important cities of Burkina Faso. This city lies in the north-eastern part of Ouagadougou which is the capital city of Burkina Faso. This city also bears the reputation of being the 8th largest city of Burkina Faso.
Kaya Burkina Faso is well linked with Ouagadougou through railways. Kaya of Burkina Faso is one of the prime locales for tanning and weaving. According to a report of 2005, there are about 39.130 inhabitants in Kaya. The city of Kaya serves as the capital of the Sanmatenga Province. There are secondary schools and technical college for girls at Kaya.
The nearest airport of Kaya is located in the capital city of Burkina Faso that is Ouagadougou. So for visiting the city of Kaya by air, one has to land up at the airport situated at Ouagadougou.
The closest towns and cities to Kaya are Leleguesse, Tiouega, Kande, Dimassa, Barle and Gaoua. A brief about the geographical position of these places is given below:
- Leleguesse: Latitude-13° 4' 0 N; Longitude-1° 6' 0 W
- Tiouega: Latitude-13° 4' 60 N; Longitude-1° 7' 0 W
- Kande: Latitude-13° 4' 0 N; Longitude-1° 4' 60 W
- Dimassa: Latitude-13° 5' 60 N; Longitude-1° 4' 0 W
- Barle: Latitude-13° 7' 0 N; Longitude-1° 4' 0 W
- Gaoua: Latitude-13° 7' 0 N; Longitude-1° 6' 0 W