Ouagadougou Burkina Faso is the capital city of Burkina Faso. The major languages spoken by the people of this place are French, which is the official language, and native African languages. This city lies between 12.4° N and 1.5° W.
There are a number of tourist attractions in Ouagadougou of Burkina Faso Some of them include:
- Bangr-Weoogo Urban Park: This park covers an area of 2.63 square kilometers. This is a very popular tourist site in Burkina Faso. It was the French who were behind the establishment of this park. It originally belonged to the Mosse chiefs. It was in the year 2001, that another name was given to the park. It was renamed Parc Urbain Bangr-Weoogo.
- Naba Koom: This is basically a statue where a woman is holding a calabash to pour water. The statue is 6 meters high.
- L’Unite Pedagogique: This botanic garden is another important park in Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso. It is the home to a number of animals.
- Musee de Manega : This museum stores various musical instruments of Burkina Faso.
- Laongo: This has got sculptures of granite slabs and displays works of all 5 continents.
- Jardin de l’amitie Ouaga-Loudun : This garden symbolizes the relationship between the cities of Ouagadougou and Loudun. This park is located in the city center.
- Parc Animalier de Ziniare : This is a zoo of Ouagadougou Burkina Faso.
For recreation, there are several nightclubs in Ouagadougou. The climate at this place is a bit hot. The winter season stretches from December to January.