- Neighboring Countries - Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama
- Continent And Regions - North America Map, Americas Map
- Other Nicaragua Maps - Where is Nicaragua, Nicaragua Blank Map, Nicaragua Road Map, Nicaragua Rail Map, Nicaragua River Map, Nicaragua Cities Map, Nicaragua Political Map, Nicaragua Physical Map, Nicaragua Flag
Explore this Nicaragua map to learn everything you want to know about this country. Learn about Nicaragua location on the world map, official symbol, flag, geography, climate, postal/area/zip codes, time zones, etc. Check out Nicaragua history, significant states, provinces/districts, & cities, most popular travel destinations and attractions, the capital city’s location, facts and trivia, and many more.
|Full name:||Republic of Nicaragua|
|Religion:||Roman Catholic, Protestant|
|National Anthem:||“Salve a Ti, Nicaragua”|
|Newspaper:||El Nuevo Diario, La Prensa, Bolsa de Noticias|
|Places to Visit:||Leon, Managua, Granada, Isla de Ometepe, Refugio de Vida Silvestre La Flor etc are the tourist attractions of the country.|
|Transport:||Airways: frequent flights of Latin American, European and North American airlines are available between various places.|
|Shopping:||Ceramic works, woodcarving, silverwork, clay works, embroidery work, sculpting works etc can be found in this country in a cheap price.|
Nicaragua regained its independence on 30th April in 1838. Before that it was considered as member of the Provincias Unidas del Centro de America.
Physical Map Of Nicaragua
The surface of the country Nicaragua is covered by several lowlands and uplands. The Pacific lowlands cover the western region of Nicaragua and Caribbean lowlands cover the eastern region of the country. In between these two lowlands, lies the highland. Waterbodies of the country also cover a considerable portion. Lake Managua and Lake Nicaragua are the major lakes of Nicaragua. Nicaragua has been claimed as the largest country in isthmus. The highest elevation of the country is the Mogoton peak that rises almost 2,438 meters above the sea.
Flag Of Nicaragua
The flag of the Republic of Nicaragua is very beautiful and also significant. The flag contains three horizontal bands, which are of same size. The upper band and the bottom band are colored in blue. The middle one is white. The white band bears the coat of arms in the center.
In the coat of arms, there is a triangle featuring some aspects of nature and the triangle is surrounded by words. On the top it is written REPUBLICA DE NICARAGUA and at the bottom it is written AMERICA CENTRAL. The Nicaraguan flag resembles to that of El Salvador and Honduras to some extent.
Location Of Nicaragua
Nicaragua is located in the Central zone of America. It is in fact a democratic republican country. Pacific Ocean surrounds the country towards the western region and Caribbean Sea towards eastern region.
The neighboring countries that share their borders with Nicaragua are Honduras in the northern side and Costa Rica in the southern side.
Climate Of Nicaragua
The climate of Nicaragua changes with the change of altitude all over the country. The lowlands are known for scorching hot weather. Heavy rainfalls occur during the months between May and November. The Caribbean lowlands suffer the most from heavy downpour. Sometimes floods also occur during the rainy season. On the other hand the weather during the months between December and April remains dry.
Flora And Fauna Of Nicaragua
- Flora: Nicaragua has rich vegetation in the forests of the various corners. The mountainous regions of the country are characterized by oak and pine. On the other hand, the Carrebean coastal regions and the lowlands are known for tropical vegetation like varieties of wild cedar, rubber, mahogany, ebony and rosewood and so on.
- Fauna: Similarly the fauna of the country is also diverse with various unique species. You will find species of deer, monkey, puma, armadillo, parrot, macaw, alligator, peccary etc in the forests of the country. Various species of venomous snakes are also found in this country.
People Of Nicaragua
Nicaragua has a population of almost 5,570,129. Mestizo or the Amerindian people cover almost 69% of the total population. White and black people are also there as minorities. Spanish is the official language of the country. However English is also spoken widely in various parts of the country.
Art, Culture And Music Of Nicaragua
- Art: Nicaragua has an inclination towards arts and crafts. Ceramic work and clay work are very popular in this country. Besides these, some local handicrafts such as woodcarving, embroidery, silverwork, sculpting etc are also practiced widely in this country. The coastal regions are known for their gold filigree works.
- Culture: Nicaraguan culture is a mixture of various cultures and traditions of different races, tribes and also different religions. Music and dance are two integral parts of the Nicaraguan culture. Some traditional forms of dance including the folkloric dance are performed in various festivals of the country. Some mask-dances are Las Inditas, Los Diabilitos, Las Negras and so on.
- Music: Music is also encouraged in Nicaragua. The country has developed a very rich musical atmosphere. Some of the musical instruments are marimba etc. It is wooden instrument, a sort of xylophone.Economy Of Nicaragua
the Republic of Nicaragua is an economically poor country. The employment rate of the country is very low. Coffee, corn, sugarcane, cotton, bananas, rice, sesame, soya, tobacco, beans etc are the agricultural products of the country. The fast growing industries are food processing industry, textiles industry, clothing, chemicals, machinery and metal products, petroleum refining industry, footwear industry, wood and so on. The materials that are exported to the foreign nations are primarily beef, shrimp, tobacco, coffee, lobster, gold, sugar, peanuts etc. The nations that are involved in this trade with Nicaragua are US, Mexico and El Salvador.