Government and Politics in Comoros
The Comoros government and politics is chiefly republican in characteristics. A person, who has completed the age of 18 years and has both civil and political rights, is entitled to vote.
The legal system in Comoros is based on French and Islamic laws. The government of Comoros is divided into three main branches:
The two important wings of the executive branch of the Comoros government are the President and the Council of Ministers of the Cabinet. The council of ministers looks after various departments of the executive. The President also is entitled to nominate for the chair of the governor. The legislative branch consists of a Unicameral Assembly of the Union comprising of 33 seats. Supreme Court is an important part of the judicial wing of the government at Comoros. The judiciary works independently at Comoros.
The political parties play an important role in the politics of Comoros. The important political parties that are an integral part of the Comoros government and politics are:
- Convention for the Renewal of the Comoros (CRC)
- Front National pour la Justice (FNJ)
- Parti Comorien pour la Democratie et le Progress (PCDP)
- Rassemblement National pour le Development (RND)
- Camp of the Autonomous Islands (CdIA)
- Mouvement pour la Democratie et le Progress (MDP-NGDC)