- Austria Cities - Alpbach, Arlberg, Bregenzerwald, Carinthia, Kaprun, Kitzbuhel, Klagenfurt, Lake Weissensee, Lech, Linz, Mayrhofen, Sankt Polten (St. Polten), Seefeld, Solden, St Wolfgang, Villach, Vorarlberg
- Austria States - Burgenland, Karnten, Niederosterriech, Oberosterreich, Salzburg, Steiermark, Tirol, Vorarlberg
- Neighboring Countries - Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Italy, Slovenia
- Continent And Regions - Europe Map
- Other Austria Maps - Austria Map, Where is Austria, Austria Blank Map, Austria Road Map, Austria Rail Map, Austria River Map, Austria Physical Map, Austria Flag
The Republic of Austria is located in Central Europe. It covers an area of 32,337 square miles. The population of Austria is 9.12 million.
As shown in the Austria Political Map, the landlocked country shares its borders with the Czech Republic and Germany to the north, Slovakia and Hungary to the east, Slovenia and Italy to the south, and Switzerland and Liechtenstein to the west. The Austria Political Map represents the national capital, states along with capital cities. The political map of Austria also shows the provinces, districts, municipalities, and other political divisions of the country. The international boundary and state boundaries are presented on the map as well.
Vienna, the national capital is clearly shown on the map. It is located in the eastern region of Austria and is often called “The City of Dreams”. The city center has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Covering an area of 160.1 square miles and with an estimated population of 1.96 million, Vienna is the largest city in Austria.
Austria is divided into nine states. They are: Burgenland, Lower Austria, Carinthia, Upper Austria, Salzburg, Styria, Tyrol, Vorarlberg, and Vienna. The major cities of Austria shown in the map include:
The 1920 constitution of Austria states that the nation is a federal, parliamentary, and democratic republic. The Federal President is the head of the state and is elected by popular vote. Van der Bellen is the current President of Austria and Karl Nehammer is the Chancellor of the nation.
|States||Population||Area (km.²)||Area (mi.²)||Capital|
|Lower Austria||1,549,640||19,172||7,402||Sankt Polten|
Note: Population: 2001 census (population and area figures provided by Karem Abdalla).