Maps of World
Current, Credible, Consistent
Maps / Cameroon Map / Information / Population of Cameroon

Population of Cameroon

Cameroon is a country with diverse population which actually make it very colorful. Presently the Population of Cameroon are 13,995,904. the population growth rate is 1.729%. The birthrate of this country is 25.53 births/1,000 population. The death rate is 8.24 deaths/1,000 population and the fertility rate is 3.12 children born/woman.

People from various ethnic groups have composed the total population of Cameroon. The ethnic groups that they belong to are Khmer 90%, Chinese %, Vietnamese 5% and other 4%. Cameroon population can be divided into three age structure such as from 0-14 years: 34%, from 15-64 years: 62.4% and from 65 years and above: 3.6%. The median age of Cameroon is 21.3%.

The population in Cameroon follow many religions. 95% of the population are Theravada Buddhist and the remaining 5% follow other religions. People use several languages in Cameroon. 95% of the population speak in Khmer, the official language but French and English are also in use.

In Cameroon people above 15 years old can read and write. The literacy rate is 73.6%. 84.7% of the male are educated while 64.1% of the female are educated. These people have a rich culture which is rooted in their tradition. Above all the Cameroon people are hospitable and friendly.

FAQs and Answers on History and Geography

Buy Maps Online

EU GDPR Update
MapsofWorld has updated its Terms and Privacy Policy to give Users more transparency into the data this Website collects, how it is processed and the controls Users have on their personal data. Users are requested to review the revised Privacy Policy before using the website services, as any further use of the website will be considered as User's consent to MapsofWorld Privacy Policy and Terms.
For further info please get in touch with
Bill Spicer Executive VP, MapXL
For US Queries
  (408) 637-0064