According to the 1993 estimation, Uzbekistan had 9,834 preschool centers. These centers were run by state enterprises for the children of their employees. Approximately 35 % of children in Uzbekistan are in between one to six years of age. Ever since1990s, these enterprises were demolished and schools were founded for direct administration under the supervision of Ministry of People's Education.
The government policies of Uzbekistan have build up 50,000 new educational institutes annually for the past few years. More schools are yet required to fulfill the public demand. All the educational institutes of Uzbekistan aim at educational development. They follow certain principles, such as:
- Modifying and further improving the educational and socializing content
- Developing new schools, curriculum and textbooks
- Stress on individual capability and talent
- Vocational and Professional training, keeping in mind the changing economical needs
- Raising Uzbekistan' s educational system to match the international standards