Fast Fact about Spain:
- Government: Parliamentary Monarchy
- Language: Official language is Castilian Spanish,however many other language dialects are also in use.
- Religion: Roman Catholicism
- Visa: Visa is not required for any EU national staying in the country for three months. Other nationals however require visa.
- Geography: Spain is Europe 's fourth largest country including the Canary and Balearic island groups.
- Time: It follows the Central European time which runs 1 hr behind GMT.
Interesting Fact about Spain:
- Business: Normal working hours for shops across the country are from 9 am to 8 pm from Monday to Saturday. During the afternoon, shops normally stay closed. However, large business houses stay open throughout the day. Restaurants and bars, especially in the city of Madrid , stay closed during the holidays in August.
- Museums: Generally remain closed on Mondays and public holidays but stay open on Sunday mornings. Museum hours vary with each season.
- Banks: They function on all days throughout the week till Saturday from 9 am till midday or 1 pm. Banking hours are however longer in summers.
- Taxis: Taxis for hire are easily identifiable with the green light overhead but tourists should be careful with the meter. Late night journeys demand extra payment.
- Tipping: The people of Spain are not used to big tipping but if one is satisfied with the food one can leave few coins which will be appreciated.
- National Holiday: Spain observes its national day on 12 th October, because significantly ,on the same date in 1492 Columbus set foot in the Americas .
- The Flag of Spain : It depicts a Coat of Arms which is the exact replica of the original Coat of Arms worn by King Ferdinand.
- Airports: Spain has almost 61 airports with unpaved runways.
- International Disputes: These disputes with the U.K. And Portugal actually dates back to almost 200 years in history. Dispute with U.K. Exists over the Rock of Gibraltar and over Olivenza with Portugal .
- Coastline: Spain 's vast stretches of coastline serve as the largest area for narcotics trafficking into Europe .
- Foreigners: Spain has almost 3.7 million foreigners residing within its territory,almost one-third of the nation's population.
- Economy: Spain 's economy is the 7 th largest in the world and this is one of the important Fact about Spain which any one will admire to know.