Maps of World
Current, Credible, Consistent
Maps / Luxembourg / Luxembourg Culture and Society

Luxembourg Culture and Society

Luxembourg culture and society encompasses the people and their religion, language, festivals of the place and many more things. The people of Luxembourg are known as Luxembourger. About 87% of the population of Luxembourg is Roman Catholic; the rest 13% are Protestant, Jewish, and Muslim.

Luxembourgish is the language that is used in day to day conversation. The Luxembourgers are the ardent followers of Roman Catholism. Besides, the other religions followed are Islam, Judaism and Protestantism. The Luxembourg society comprises of a number of ethnic communities. They are the Celtic base French and German; Italian, Portuguese, European and Slavs of Albania, Montenegro and Kosovo.

Throughout the year a number of festivals are celebrated in Luxembourg, that reflect the Luxembourg culture. The two major festivals celebrated in the place are the Dancing Procession of Echternach and the Christmas celebration. There are also a large number of museums in Luxembourg that are the carriers of Luxembourg culture and society. Some of them are the National Museum of Art and History, National Museum of Natural History, Museum of Modern Art Grand-Duc Jean, etc.

Also, food habits of the place are a part of the culture of Luxembourg. Some specialties of Luxembourg are smoked Ardennes ham or Jambon d'Ardennes, Tarte aux quetsches, Omelette soufflee au kirsch and so on.

FAQs and Answers on History and Geography

EU GDPR Update
MapsofWorld has updated its Terms and Privacy Policy to give Users more transparency into the data this Website collects, how it is processed and the controls Users have on their personal data. Users are requested to review the revised Privacy Policy before using the website services, as any further use of the website will be considered as User's consent to MapsofWorld Privacy Policy and Terms.
For further info please get in touch with
Bill Spicer Executive VP, MapXL
For US Queries
  (408) 637-0064