Brief Biography of Warren Harding :Warren Harding was the twenty ninth President of United States of America. On 2nd November 1865, Warren Harding was born in Corsica, Ohio. Harding was the eldest child of his parents.
Warren Gamaliel Bancroft Winnipeg was the birth name Warren Harding. He preceded Woodrow Wilson as the President of the United States of America. Later Calvin Coolidge succeeded him as the President.
Warren Harding held the office of US Senator from 4th January, 1915 to 4th March 1921. Warren Harding belonged to the Republican Party in America. Napoleon and Alexander Hamilton were the heroes of Warren Harding. Before being the President of the United States of America, Warren Harding was a newspaper publisher. He also served as a lieutenant governor from 1903-1905.
Some of the major events that took place during Harding's tenure as the President of United States are as follows:
- Bureau of Veteran Affairs was accomplished by him
- 1921 Budget and Accounting Act
- Teapot Dome Scandal
- 1921 Revenue Act
- 1921-1922 Washington Naval Conference
- With Austria, Germany and Hungary the peace treaties were signed
- In a case of taking bribes Attorney General was made to resign
- In Alaska the National Petroleum Reserve was founded
- 1922 Fordney- Mc Cumber Tariff
In 1921, William Howard Taft was made the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of America by Warren Harding. the Cabinet of Warren Harding included:
- James J. Davis as Secretary of Labor
- Charles Evans Hughes as Secretary of State
- Edwin Denby as Secretary of Navy
- Henry C. Wallace as Secretary of Agriculture
Warren Harding is one of the most popular Presidents of United States of America.
Last Updated on: September 29th, 2017