Download match schedule for 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil in PDF, XLS and DOC formats.
Estádio do Maracanã is significant because this stadium is going to host the championship match of the FIFA World Cup 2014. Maracana or Estadio Jornalista Mario Filho, located in Rio de Janeiro, was actually built in 1950 for hosting the FIFA World Cup of that year and also hosted one of the most memorable matches in the history of the championship, one of the deciders between Uruguay and Brazil. In the 2014 World Cup, seven games will be played here.
The capacity of the stadium is currently 78,838 seats and it is Brazil’s biggest football ground. Interestingly, Maracana is the second most popular attraction of Rio and attracts football fans from across the world. The Glass Tower or Torre de Vidro is a new addition to the stadium, especially for the World Cup, and visitors viewed it with enthusiasm even when the stadium was under construction. Many took away pieces of the old stadium as a souvenir.
About The City :
Rio de Janeiro (meaning January River) was named by Gaspar de Lemos, a Portuguese explorer, on January 1, 1502. Rio de Janeiro city was founded by Estacio de Sa on March 1, 1565 and was the epicenter of Brazilian politics from 1764 to 1960. Till today, this place is the cultural hotspot as well as the most popular tourist destination of Brazil. More than six million residents live here, which makes Rio de Janeiro the second most populous metropolis of Brazil.
How to Reach :
This stadium is located around 5 kms away from the Rio city center. Tourists should also note that Maracanã is also located near two famous beaches of Brazil, Ipanema and Copacabana. You can access this stadium easily by train and metro. The metro line 2 has a stop at Maracanã station. You can board the metro in Botafogo and Flamengo areas or in downtown Rio and reach the Maracanã station within minutes. If your hotel is in the Ipanema and Copacabana areas, you can access metro line 1 and reach the destination easily.
Alternatively, you can take a commuter train from Central do Brasil. If you want a train to reach Maracanã, you can opt for a train on red Ramal Deodoro line.
World Cup Matches at Estádio do Maracanã :
Seven matches of FIFA World Cup 2014 are scheduled here :
- On 15th June 2014, the match will commence at 7 p.m. between Team 1 and Team 2 of Group F
- On 18th June 2014, the match will commence at 7 p.m. between Team 1 and Team 3 of Group B
- On 22nd June 2014, the match will commence at 7 p.m. between Team 1 and Team 3 of Group H
- On 25th June 2014, the match will commence at 5 p.m. between Team 2 and Team 3 of Group E
- On 28th June 2014, the match will commence at 5 p.m. between 1C and 2D
- On 4th July 2014, the Quarter Final match will commence at 1 p.m. between W53 and W54
- On 13th July 2014, the Championship Match will commence at 4 p.m. between W61 and W62
Ticket Price :
Prices of tickets vary on the basis of section, category, and date. Ticket prices vary from $598.00 to $ 1,580.00.