Legnica is situated in the southwestern part of Poland. It is also situated in the lower Silesian Province. The river Kaczawa banks along the city. Legnica had also been a center for administrative services from 1975- 1998 of Legnica province. The mayor of Legnica is Taudeusz Krzakowski.
Some of the distinguished residents of the Legnica city are as follows:
- Author Horst Lange
- Opera Singer, Gunther Reich
- Alindao's first Bishop Peter Marzinkowski
- Wroclaw University of technology
- Foreign Language Teacher training college
- Witelon University of Applied Sciences
Battle of Legnica on 15th April in the year 1241 made the city popular. In this battle the Mongol army defeated the Polish. Henry II, was the prince of Lower Silesia at that time.
Legnica is one of the important cities in Poland.
|Other Places to visit in Poland|