New Mexico (NM) is one of the Four Corners states, meeting the boundaries of Colorado, Arizona, and Utah at one point where all their corners meet. A NM Map is a good way to view the charm of the Land of Enchantment. The state of New Mexico is known for its local cuisines, picturesque landscapes, art and culture, and adventure and sports opportunities.
Strong influences from Native American and Mexican cultures make New Mexico a unique destination, and Spanish is even New Mexico's second official languages. The capital of New Mexico is Santa Fe and the largest city is Albuquerque.
Tourist attractions in New Mexico
The state of NM is home to the following tourist destinations:
- Santa Fe - The capital of NM and major tourist draw.
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- Navajo Nation
- Four Corners Monument
- Valles Caldera National Preserve
- New Mexico Pueblos
- White Sands National Monument
The Land of Enchantment is home to a wide array of hotels and a New Mexico Map will help in rightly locating them.
- El Dorado Hotel and Spa
- Best Western Desert Aire Hotel
- Best Western Airport Albuquerque Inn Suites & Hotel
- Best Western Mimbres Valley Inn
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
- The Bishop's Lodge Ranch Resort and Spa
- Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe
The Albuquerque Sunport is the principal airport in the state. Other important airports include Four Corners Regional Airport (Farmington) and Roswell International Air Center (Roswell). American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, New Mexico Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, and US Airways are the primary carriers.
Economy of New Mexico
Tourism, oil and gas, and federal government outlay are the major regulators of the economy of NM. The state offers a variety of financial incentives to the businesses running in it. Major industries include agriculture, mining, manufacturing, tourism, army, and government.