1) Kansas is nicknamed "The Sunflower State".
2) The capital of Kansas is Topeka and the largest city is Wichita.
4) Abilene is the hometown of Dwight D. Eisenhower, the 34th U.S. President. It also houses the famous Eisenhower Museum.
5) Kansas was admitted to the Union on January 29, 1861 and became the 34th state.
6) The state shares its borders with Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, and Oklahoma.
7) The official flower of the state is the Sunflower.
8) The University of Kansas is famous for the invention of Helium gas.
9) The famous natives of Kansas include Walter P. Chrysler, Buster Keaton, and Dwight D. Eisenhower.
10) Major natural resources of the state include oil, granite, and natural gas.
11) The official bird is the Western Meadowlark.
12) The official reptile of the state is the Ornate Box Turtle.
13) The official motto is "To the Stars through Difficulties".
14) People of Kansas are called as Kansans.
15) Kansas Day is observed on January 29 every year.
16) Wichita is dubbed as "The Air Capital of the World".
17) The official anthem is "Home on the Range".
18) Sumner County of this state is nicknamed the Wheat Capital of the World.
19) The yearly average temperature of the state is 56 degree F and the yearly average precipitation is 27 inches.
20) The official animal is American Bison.