2) The capital city of Nevada is Carson City and the largest city is Las Vegas.
4) Famous natives of this state include Andre Agassi, Lute Pease, and Thelma Nixon.
5) Las Vegas features the highest volume of shrimp consumption in the United States - over 60,000 pounds every day.
6) The city of Las Vegas features more hotel accommodations than any other city in the world. If you wish to spend one night in each of the hotel rooms in Las Vegas, you will need 288 years.
7) The official fossil is the Ichthyosaur.
8) The Kangaroo Rat, a creature inhabiting the Death Valley, has the ability to survive its whole lifespan by not drinking a single drop of fluid.
9) The Golden Gate Hotel and Casino is the oldest hotel and casino in the city of Las Vegas.
10) The state covers a total area of 110,562 sq miles, which makes it the seventh largest state in the United States.
11) The Nevada Gambling Museum is situated in Virginia City.
12) Nevada mines the biggest volume of gold in the United States and the state ranks second in the world after South Africa.
13) The state of NV was admitted to the Union on October 31, 1864 and became the 36th state of the country.
14) The official motto is "All for Our Country".
15) The official bird is the "Mountain Bluebird".
16) The official animal is the Desert Bighorn Sheep.
17) The state anthem is "Home Means Nevada". The lyricist of the song is Bertha Rafetto.
18) At an elevation of 13,147 feet, the Boundary Peak is the highest point in the state of NV.
19) The official trees are the Bristlecone Pine and Single-Leaf Pinyon Pine.
20) The official fish is the Lahontan Cutthroat Trout.