2) The capital city of Montana is Helena and the largest city is Billings.
4) The state of MT was incorporated into the Union on November 8, 1889 and became the 41st state.
5) Montana is bordered by Canada, South Dakota, North Dakota, Idaho, and Wyoming.
6) The official flower is the Bitterroot.
7) The official motto is "Gold and Silver".
8) The official bird is the Western Meadowlark.
9) The official anthem is "Montana".
10) The official mammal is the Grizzly Bear.
11) The official butterfly is the Mourning Cloak.
12) Famous natives of the state include Gary Cooper and Martha Raye.
13) Mining and agriculture are two important industries in the state of Montana.
14) The official fish is the Blackspotted Cutthroat Trout.
15) Sited at a height of 12,807 feet, the tallest point in MT is the Granite Peak.
16) The state tree is the gigantic Ponderosa Pine.
17) The state houses various mineral and natural resources such as copper, silver, oil, gold, zinc, manganese, lead, and timber.
18) The variety of mammals found in the state is unparalleled.
19) Miles City is nicknamed as the Cowboy Capital of the World.
20) The official state gemstones are Agate and Yogo Sapphire.