Honolulu City Facts
|Country||USA (United States of America)|
|Total Area||68.42 sq miles|
|Lat Long Coordinates||21.3069° N, 157.8583° W|
|Time Zone||HST (UTC−10:00)|
|Major Religion||Roman Catholic, Christian|
|Museums||The Contemporary Museum Honolulu,Bishop Museum|
|Universities||University of Hawaii System|
Hotels in Honolulu:
- Castle Island Colony Oahu-Honolulu, HI,USA
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa,2005 Kalia Rd, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Doubletree Alana Hotel Waikiki Honolulu, HI,USA
- Aqua Palm Waikiki Park side Hotel Oahu-Honolulu-Waikiki, HI,USA
- Hawaii Prince Hotel, HI,USA
- Aqua Continental Hotel,2426 Kuhio Avenue, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Castle Hokele Suites Waikiki,412 Lewers St, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Aqua Bamboo & Spa, 2425 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Castle Pacific Marina Inn Airport Hotel, 2628 Waiwai Loop, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio Hotel,2500 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Aqua Waikiki Wave,2299 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Holiday Surf Hotel,2303 Ala Wai Blvd, Honolulu, HI, USA
Airports in Honolulu:
Honolulu International Airport is conveniently adjacent to most hotels, which offer an airport shuttle for the convenience of their guests. Historical landmarks are juxtaposed with countless natural wonders and the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Honolulu adds an added air of luxury and sophistication to the already eclectic environment.
Some airports which neighbor the city of Honolulu are as follows:
- Kauai Island Lihue Airport
- Maui Kahului Airport
- Hoolehua Molokai Airport
- Big Island Keahole Airport
Education in Honolulu:
Being certified by the ‘Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges’ in year 1970, the first rate educational system with the perfect ambience for study has bestowed the Honolulu Community Collegeas one of the premier educational institutes of USA. This world known college is entirely controlled by the University of Hawaii and is a significant member of ‘American Association of Community Colleges’ as well as the’ Western Association of Schools and Colleges’.
Weather of Honolulu:
One of the greatest aspects of the city of Honolulu is its amazingly pleasant and enjoyable weather. The city is situated about 2,143 miles (3,450 km) from North America. The longitude and latitude of Honolulu has as a great influence on Honolulu Weather; its location at 21 degrees north latitude and 157 degrees west longitude suggests a “subtropical” position.
The ocean surrounding Honolulu gives it its characteristically gentle climate, ranging from 59 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (15 to 32 degrees Celsius).
The northeast wind keeps the average warmth of Honolulu at a temperate level. Its location near the equator keeps the daylight hours consistent throughout the year. From season to season, temperature fluctuations are relatively constant as well.
Things to do in Honolulu:
Visit USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor:
Visitors to Honolulu should explore this historic museum which was constructed in memory of the 1177 people who lost their lives at the time of Pearl Harbor Bombing. A collection of relevant displays in addition to video representation helps the visitors have a somber experience.
Hiking Makapuu Point:
Situated in the extreme eastern tip of Oahu, Makapuu Point is regarded as the most fascinating hike of Oahu.
Enjoy Waikiki Beach from the peak of Diamond Head :
This one hour hike to the top of this peak encourages photography lovers to capture a 360 degree panoramic view of Oahu.
Browse in Waikiki and Greater Honolulu Region:
Other than the spectacular shoreline and gushing blue of the bay, Waikiki Beach is world renowned for its array of shops and remarkable products.