2) The capital city of Minnesota is Saint Paul and its biggest city is Minneapolis.
4) The state of MN covers a total area of 86,939 sq miles. In terms of area, it is the 12th biggest state in the country.
5) Minnesota entered the Union on May 11, 1858 to become the 32nd state of the country.
6) The official flower is the Pink and White Lady Slipper.
7) The official motto is "The Star of the North".
8) The official butterfly is the Monarch Butterfly.
9) The official bird is the Common Loon or Great Northern Diver.
10) The official fish is the Walleye.
11) With a height of 2,301 feet, the Eagle Mountain is the tallest point in the state.
12) Minnesota shares its borders with Michigan, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Canada.
13) The official grain is the Wild Rice.
14) Important rivers of the state include Minnesota, Mississippi, Red, Rainy, and St. Croix River.
15) The official tree is the Norway Pine or the Red Pine.
16) Some of the famous residents of this state are Bob Dylan, Judy Garland, Jessica Lange, Prince, and Jane Russell. 17) Manufacturing and agriculture are the two main industries of the state.
18) Madison is dubbed as the "Lutefisk capital of the U.S".
19) The official beverage is milk.
20) The official gemstone is the Lake Superior Agate.