2) The capital city of Maine is Augusta and the biggest city is Portland.
4) Maine was admitted to the Union on March 15, 1820 to become the 23rd state of the country.
5) With an altitude of 5,268 feet, Mount Katahdin is the tallest point in Maine.
6) The official bird is the Black-capped Chickadee.
7) The official fish is the Land-locked Salmon.
8) The official berry is the Wild Blueberry.
9) The official dessert is the Blueberry Pie.
10) The official flower is the White Pinecone and Tassel, also known as the Eastern White Pine.
11) The official gemstone is the Tourmaline.
12) The official insect is the European Honeybee.
13) The official beverage is the Moxie.
14) The official mammal is the Moose.
15) The official song is the "State of Maine Song".
16) The official tree is the Eastern White Pine.
17) The official motto is Dirigo, which means "I lead".
18) Maine shares its boundaries with New Hampshire in the U.S. and New Brunswick and Quebec in Canada.
19) The official cat is the Maine Coon.
20) The average yearly rainfall in the state is 41 inches.