Hunan Province Map

Hunan Province Map

Disclaimer  :  All efforts have been made to make this image accurate. However Compare Infobase Limited, its directors and employees do not own any responsibility for the correctness or authenticity of the same.

Situated between 109 degree and 114 degree east longitude and 20 degree to 30 degree north latitude, Hunan is a Chinese province located to the south of Dongting Lake. The neighboring provinces of Hunan are Sichuan,
Guizhou, Guangxi, Guangdong and Jiangxi.

The center and northern parts of Hunan are somewhat low with a U-shaped basin. In the center of the basin lies the Dongting Lake. The east, south and west sides of the province are surrounded by mountains and hills. Only 20% of the area consists of plain and the remaining 80% is occupied by mountains and hills.

Natural resources:
Hunan has a wealth of animal and plant resources. More than 5,000 kinds of seed plants are available in the whole province. Among them more than 2,000 kinds are lignous plants, more than 1,000 kinds are wild economic plants and more than 800 kinds are medicinal plants. Living creatures of varying kinds are found in the forests of Hunan. There are 66 kinds of wild mammals, more than 500 kinds of birds, 71 kinds of reptiles, 40 kinds of amphibians and more than 1,000 kinds of insects. These apart, there are 200 kinds of aquatic animals.

Hunan is famous as the "home of nonferrous metals" in China. Non ferrous metals like Antimony, Wolfram, Bismuth, Lead, Zinc, Fluorite, Barite, Feldspar, Sepiolite, and Kaolin

The economy of the region depends on agriculture, forestry, fishery, animal husbandry and industrial outputs. The GDP of Hunan Province in 2000 was 369.188 billion Yuan the per capita GDP was 5,639.

Other Information's:

Area: 211,800 square kilometers
Population: 64.40 million (2000 population census)
Capital: Changsha
Population density per square kilometer: 304.

Last Updated on: October 9th, 2017