Henan Province Map

Henan Province Map

Disclaimer  :  All efforts have been made to make this image accurate. However Compare Infobase Limited, its directors and employees do not own any responsibility for the correctness or authenticity of the same.

Henan literally means South of the River, referring to the nearby Huang Ho. Henan today is one of the most important provinces of the People's Republic of China. Earlier known as Yu or Yuzhou during the Han era, the province of Henan is today one of the states with a major population explosion. Zhengzhou is the capital city of Henan.

Administrative Divisions of Henan
Henan is divided into the following Administrative Divisions
  • 17 prefecture-level divisions including the cities of Zhengzhou , Sanmenxia Jiaozuo, Xinxiang, Hebi, Anyang and Puyang.
  • 159 county-level divisions including 21 county-level cities, 88 counties and 50 districts
  • 2299 township-level divisions including 841 towns, 1054 townships and 12 ethnic subdistrict
Demographic Information about Henan
According to the 2000 census, Henan had a huge population of 92.56 million. Ethnically, 99% of Henan's population is Han Chinese, while Hui accounts for the remaining 1%. The average earning of staff and workers was 6,930 Yuan. The per capita annual total living expenditure in rural households was 1,315.83 Yuan. The per capita annual consumption of urban households was 3,830.71 Yuan.

Henan Weather
Henan has a distinctive type of climate which is a mix of sub-tropical zone and warm temperate zone. There are four seasons with weather conditions varying for each. Henan has average annual temperatures of 13 to15 degree Celsius. The annual rainfall is 807 mm.

Local Attractions in Henan
Revenue from domestic tourism reached a total of 56 billion Yuan in the past year. The Henan Administration has also updated facilities for transportation, touring, accommodation, food, shopping and recreation activities. Some of the most interesting places in Henan are -
  • Interesting Places to see in Luoyang
    Visitors to Luoyang Henan, should visit the beautiful Longmen Buddhist Grottoes, the Forest Tomb of Guan Yu, the White Horse Temple and picturesque Mt. Jigong.

  • Interesting Places to see in Zhengzhou
    Tourists can visit the Huanghe River Tourist Area, or take the Yellow River Trip, Mt Songshan and the Songshan Buddist Monastery. There is also a famous Shaolin Temple and a Nanhai Temple in the area. One can also see Dinosaur Egg Fossils in the Dinosaur Valley.

  • Interesting Places to see in Kaifeng
    Travelers should visit the Daxiangguo Temple and view the intricate Dragon Pavilion. The Imperial Street built in the design of the Song Dynasty is a heritage street with old style Chinese stores on both sides. The famous Iron Pagoda built of terra cotta is another major attraction. Yan Bo Terrace in Shangqiu and Yuling Bridge are also interesting places to see.