2) The capital of the state is Indianapolis and it is also the biggest city.
4) Indiana achieved statehood on December 11, 1816.
5) Bloomington is the hometown of David Lee Roth, a past member of the famous rock band Van Halen.
6) The neighboring states of IN are Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Illinois.
7) The official tree is the Tulip.
8) The official motto is "The Crossroads of America".
9) With an elevation of 1,257 feet, the tallest point in the state is the Hoosier Hill.
10) The official bird is the Cardinal.
11) The official flower is the Peony.
12) The official song is "On the Banks of the Wabash".
13) The official poem is "Indiana".
14) The official colors are blue and gold.
15) The major industries of the state are vehicle manufacturing, chemicals, machinery, steel manufacturing, musical instruments, publishing, and refrigerators.
16) The eminent residents of the state include Michael Jackson, James Dean, and David Letterman.
17) The state of IN is famous for containing natural resources like natural gas, bituminous coal, gemstones, petroleum, and timber.
18) The official beverage is Water.
19) The official stone is the limestone.
20) The official flag of the state was assumed in 1917.