Dubai Airports are the fastest growing airports in the world recognised as the aviation hub of the Middle East which stands at the threshold of being among the top 10 airports in the world.
Dubai International Airport
was established in 1959. The initial airfield consisted of a 1,800 m compacted runway, an apron area, a small but adequate terminal building and a fire station. The $ 4.1 billion Dubai International Airport expansion program includes the construction of terminal 3, concourse 2 and concourse 3.
Dubai Cargo village was established in 1991 to handle all air cargo operations at Dubai International Airport. Ahlan is a premier airport concierge service available to passengers traveling through the Dubai International Airport. Dubai Airport facilities include :
- Airport Information Desks are located in both terminals.
- Luggage storage facilities are also available at Dubai International Airport.
- Banking facilities in the Concourse includes Bureaux de Change and ATMs.
- Other services at Dubai Airport are : Telephones, fax and Internet access is provided. Postal services are provided. Toilets and Baby rooms are available. Medical care is available.
Al Majlis offers a special service to passengers to speed up check-ins etc and WIP and VIP lounges are located in the centre of the Concourse. Dry Cleaning, laundry and shoe shine is available.Valet parking is available at Arrivals.
- There is a business centre in the Concourse
- Disabled Facilities: The airport is wheelchair accessible. Toilets for the disabled are located in both terminals.
Dubai International Airport could handle aircraft up to a DC-3 and more than 100 airlines today and annual passenger numbers exceeding 18 million.