Nikko is situated in the mountainous region of Tochigi territory, Japan.The city is famous for its hot springs and amazing water falls.
The climate of the Nikko is very similar to that of Hokkaido. The city has an average temperature of about 44º F. During the summer time the temperature rises to 72º F and during winter, to 17º F. The surrounding areas of Lake Chuzenji and Nikko are also known for the wonderful autumn foliage during the month of October to November.
People come here to enjoy their vacations. There are many sight-seeing places in central Nikko, of which the most important ones are as follows:
- Toshogu Shrine Mausoleum : It is the first Tokugawa shogun Ieyasu.
- Taiyuinbyo Mausoleum : It is the third Tokugawa shogun Iemitsu.
- Rinnoji Temple : It is the most significant temple in Nikko.
- Futarasan Shrine: It is devoted to the three sacred mountains of Nikko.
There are also many important places in the Okunikko region in Nikko , which serve as a good tourist spot for the visitors. Some of this are-
- Lake Chuzenji - It is situated at the foot of Mount Nantai.
- Yumoto Onsen - It is hot spring resort which is located in the National Park.
|More Cities in Japan|
Last Updated on: December 13th, 2017