44 days before Good Friday and only the morning is regarded as a holiday.
This date is also observed as the Children Day (Dia das Crianças) on the same day.
- 2nd November- All Souls Day (locally known as Dia de Finados)
- 15th November- Proclamation of the Republic Day (locally known as Proclamação da República )
- 25th December- Christmas Day Natal
- 12th June- Dia dos Namorados is observed as St. Valentine's Day in Brazil.
- Every Second Sunday on May is celebrated as Dia das Mães that is the equivalent of Mother's Day in Brazil.
- Every Second Sunday on August is observed as Dia dos Pais that is the equivalent of Father's Day in Brazil.
- June 24 th - Festa de Sao Joao
- 31 October- Dia das Bruxas (Halloween). Though it is not an official holiday but it is celebrated with a great pomp and zest in the big cities of Brazil.
- 25th August - Dia do Soldado or Soldier's Day
- 19 th April- Dia do Índio, this days is celebrated as Indian's Day (for the natives of Brazil)
Local or Regional Holidays-
- 20th January: Saint Sebastian (locally known as Sao Sebastiao), only observed in the City of Rio de Janeiro.
- 25th January : Founding of Sao Paulo (locally known as Aniversario de Sao Paulo), only observed in the City of São Paulo.
- 2nd February: Our Lady of Regla (locally known as Nossa Senhora dos Navegantes), observed in City of Salvador and Porto Alegre.
- 23 rd April: Saint George (locally known as São Jorge), observed only in the City of Rio de Janeiro.
|List of National Holidays in Brazil 2015|
|Thursday||January 01||New Years Day|
|Wednesday||February 18||Ash Wednesday|
|Friday||April 03||Good Friday|
|Tuesday||April 21||Tiradentes Day|
|Friday||May 01||Labour Day|
|Thursday||June 04||Corpus Christi|
|Thursday||July 09||State Rebellion Day|
|Monday||September 07||Independence Day|
|Monday||October 12||Lady of Aparecida|
|Wednesday||October 28||Civil Servants Day|
|Sunday||November 01||All Saints Day|
|Monday||November 02||All Souls Day|
|Sunday||November 15||Republic Day|
|Friday||November 20||Zumbi dos Palmares|
|Friday||December 25||Christmas Day|