Information on Benin
include the facts regarding the history, geography, climatic conditions, religions, population, embassy and other such important matters, about this west African nation.
- According to the Information about Benin, the total area over which the country is stretched measures one hundred and twelve thousand six hundred and twenty.
- The climatic conditions of the country as per the Information on Benin, remains that of a tropical country with humidity encapsulating the land all round the year.
- Benin Information says that agriculture is the most important part of the economy of the country since it offers produces like cotton, palm oil, cassave, maize, cashew nuts, rice and fishing.
- The population of the land, as conveyed by the Information on Benin, is approximately equal to 5.13 million.
- The bordering countries of Benin are Togo, Niger, Burkina Faso and Nigeria.
- A major chunk of the Benin population observes the tribal religion (almost 70%), with the remaining people belonging to Christianity and Islam.
- The city of Porto Novo is the capital of Benin while the major towns are those of Cotonou and Abomey.
The twelve departments into which the country is divided, according to Information on Benin are: