Jamaica covers an area of about 10,991 sq km. Kingston is the national capital of Jamaica.
Geographical position of Jamaica
Jamaica is located on the geographical coordinates of 18° 15' North and 77° 30' West latitude and longitude respectively. It is situated in the south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea. The coastline measures about 1,022 km. It covers an area of 10,991 sq km. Jamaica political map shows the parishes, capital of parishes, important cities along with the national and international boundary of Jamaica.
- Hanover: Capital- Lucea
- Saint James: Capital- Montego Bay, Major City- Montplier
- Trelawny: Capital- Falmouth, Major City- Duncans and Albert Town
- Saint Ann: Capital- Saint Ann's Bay, Major City- Brown's Town and Moneague
- Saint Mary: Capital- Port Maria, Major City- Annotto Bay, Oracabessa
- Portand: Capital- Port Antonio, Major City- Bluff Bay
- Saint Thomas: Capital- Morant Bay
- Saint Catherine: Capital- Spanish Town, Major City- Portmore
- Clarendon: Capital- May Pen, Major City- the Alley
- Manchester: Capital- Mandeville
- Saint Elizabeth: Capital- Black River
- Westmoreland: Capital- Savanna-la-Mar, Major City- Bluefields and Negril
Bays surrounding Jamaica
The bays surrounding Jamaica are:
- Montego Bay.
- Annotto Bay.
- Long Bay.
- Black River Bay.
- Bluefields Bay.
Kingston, the Jamaican Capital
Kingston, the national capital of Jamaica, is located at 18° North latitude and 76° 48' West longitude. A red star denotes the capital city of Jamaica on the printable map of Jamaica. Kingston is situated at an elevation of 53 meters. This place can be accessed from the airports of Ken Jones, Tinson Pen, Boscobel and Norman Manley International.
Some of the towns and cities located near Kingston are New Kingston, Kencot, Cassia Park, Jones Town, Delacree Pen, Cockburn Gardens, Admiral Town, Whitfield Town, Camperdown and Eastwood Park.
|Saint Andrew||555,828||431||166||Half Way Tree|
|Saint Ann||166,762||1,213||468||Saint Anns Bay|
|Saint Catherine||482,308||1,192||460||Spanish Town|
|Saint Elizabeth||146,404||1,212||468||Black River|
|Saint James||175,127||595||230||Montego Bay|
|Saint Mary||111,466||611||236||Port Maria|
|Saint Thomas||91,604||743||287||Morant Bay|
Note : - Population: 2001-09-10 census.
Last Updated On : November 15, 2012